I found myself all tangled up in the plot of my on-line novel, Economics 101.
So I wrote a bunch of chapters trying to show how they got there. I've finished the first draft of those chapters, and I think I made it fit together:
- Chapter 01 -- In which Bobbie is admitted to graduate school, to work on her PhD: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com/2016/05/economics-101-novel-ch01-introducing.html
- Chapter 02 -- In which Karel and Dan are admitted to grad school: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com/2016/05/economics-101-novel-ch02-introducing.html
- Chapter 03 -- In which Bobbie and Kristie meet Karel and Dan: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com/2016/05/economics-101-novel-ch03-introducing.html
- Chapter 04 -- In which the four become very good friends: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com/2016/05/economics-101-novel-ch04-going-by-four.html
- Some letters home that I left out of Chapter 04: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com/2016/05/economics-101-novel-ch04-going-by-four-letters-home.html
- Chapter 05 -- In which the four spend their first semester together: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com/2016/05/economics-101-novel-ch05-first-semester.html
- The trip back to school before their second semester starts: This is where they begin really trusting each other: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com/2016/06/economics-101-novel-ch05-9-heading-back.html
- Chapter 06 -- In which things become a little complicated during the second semester.
- As the semester begins, they find things are not as easy as they were: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com/2016/07/economics-101-novel-ch06-pt1-second.html
- Things get a little complicated as they begin dating others: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com/2016/07/economics-101-novel-ch06-pt2-dating.html
- And a lot more things happened during the second semester: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com/2016/07/economics-101-novel-ch06-pt3-more-of.html
- And they studied about faith: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com/2016/08/economics-101-novel-ch06-pt4-faith.html
- And, finally, they got through the end of the semester and into summer: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com/2016/08/economics-101-novel-ch06-pt5-heading.html
- Chapter 07 -- In which Dan and Kristie graduate and Karel and Bobbie try to figure out what the future holds for them.
- As the second year begins, they adjust to being resident assistants: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com/2016/08/economics-101-novel-ch07-pt1-third.html
- As the third semester continues, we study the concept of romance: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com/2016/08/economics-101-novel-ch07-pt2-getting.html
- In the fourth semester, things get messy, but they start clearing up by the end of summer: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com/2016/08/economics-101-novel-ch07-pt3-stormy.html
- Chapter 08 -- In which Karel and Bobbie get ready to go to the Islands: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com/2016/08/economics-101-novel-ch08-getting-ready.html
- Chapter 09 -- In which Bobbie and Karel do their research, but we ignore most of the details: http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com/2016/08/economics-101-novel-ch09-in-islands.html.